Cleaning Tips and Tricks
Learn how to clean your home with some helpful cleaning tips and tricks, that will make your life easier.
- To remove marker pen off hard surfaces, spray on hair spray and then wipe it off.
- To stop bathroom mirrors steaming up, regularly rub a dry bar of soap over the surface and rub in with a clean cloth.
- Light a match and let it burn a few seconds to remove toilet smells.
- To remove furniture indentations from pure wool carpet place a tea towel over the area and then press with a warm iron. The heat will lift the fibres. Do not attempt this with synthetic or a wool/synthetic mix carpet.
- To leave a room smelling fresh after you have vacuumed, place a few drops of your favourite essential oil (such as lavender or peppermint) near the vent where the hot air is released. The air warms the oil and blows it into the room.
- To clean a microwave oven, add four tablespoons of lemon juice to one cup of water in a microwave-safe bowl. Boil for five minutes in the microwave, allowing the steam to condense on the inside walls of the oven. Then wipe them with a soft cloth.
- Eucalyptus oil removes the gummy residue left by shop stickers.
- To pick up small fragments of broken glass, press pieces of bread onto the affected area.
- To clean the bottom of the iron, sprinkle salt on the ironing board and iron back and forth.
- To remove cat and dog hair from clothes and furniture, rub them with damp rubber gloves.
- To restore toilet bowls back to their shiny best, clean with old, flat Coke or Pepsi. To dissolve limescale, leave the soda overnight to soak.
- Clove oil (sold in chemists for toothaches) kills mould spores. Mix three drops in one litre of water and then use to wipe down areas susceptible to mould.
- Fix the scratches in wood furniture with vinegar and olive oil.
- Remove permanent marker from the floor and furniture with toothpaste
- Clean the mattress with baking soda. Sprinkle it all over the mattress and let it absorb the stains and smell. After2 hours, vacuum the mattress.
If you want to know more cleaning tips, check regular our facebook page.